The heat is on! Summer is just around the corner which often coincides with rising water usage both indoors and outdoors. Did you know recent reports states that a family’s water usage can increase by 25%-50% during the warmest months of the year? The usage of plumbing system tends to increase during the summertime as outdoor sprinklers are used most often, multiple showers on sweaty days, and so on. Even leaving your plumbing system still during your vacation takes a toll on your plumbing.
Here we have listed a few simple tips to give your plumbing and water bill a little break:
- Turn down your water heater while you are away from your home for vacation to save energy.
- Make sure that foods don’t end up down your drain while you’re entertaining family and friends with cookouts and get-togethers.
- Give your washing machine a break and visually inspect the hoses and machine for any minor issues. Replace the rubber of the washing machine hose should be replaced approximately every 3 years.
- Inspect and replace some of plumbing appliances such as showerheads, faucets, and toilets with EPA WaterSense to save on your water bills annually.
- Water your lawn in the early morning and evening, after the sun goes down to save more water. If you water your lawn in the middle of the day water will be lost due to evaporation.
- If you have planted trees in front of your lawn, it can cause roots to make their way to your sewer line in search of water. If you suspect any damage due to tree roots, give a call to your emergency plumber in Balmain to check and fix the issue.
- People love to cook both outside and inside during summer season, so it is important to make sure that the garbage disposal works properly. Don’t put down the following items for disposal.
- Fibrous foods such as potatoes, asparagus and more.
- Oil or grease
- Coffee grounds
- Rice and pasta
- Other trash
- Leaks in water pipes can cause many problems, including increased water usage, higher water bills and damage to the home. So, check the walls and the floors for any damp spots that can be caused by unseen leaks.
- An ideal way to make sure that your plumbing system is working properly is to schedule annual maintenance service through a certified plumber in Balmain. The beginning of summer is the best time to perform a complete maintenance program on all of the plumbing systems in the home.
Plumbing emergencies are annoying, but a bit of attention and care prevents these problems from occurring and saves you money in the long run. Follow the above tips ardently and don’t let the plumbing problems ruin your summer holidays! Visit https://www.mainlineplumbingsolutions.com.au/ for more information.